Fellow Chamber Members:
I am excited for the opportunity to serve you as your Chamber President/Chair for the next two years. What is more exciting is the leadership I will be working with to bring you more events, training and numerous opportunities to help you advance your businesses. The Board of Directors is also committed and eager to assist you. There will be three major areas we will be focused on this year; Membership, Education and Program Development. Your support is greatly appreciated. Your involvement has never been more critical as we are positioning the Idaho Hispanic Chamber of Commerce and our community with a more prominent presence in the state. We are entrepreneurial by default and we will be providing you with the necessary tools to help you reach economic success and educate you with the knowledge to endure the changes the unsettled economy may bring.
Lastly, I would like to extend an invitation to you to become involved in any level of our Chamber, from our new Ambassador Program, board member, committee member, or by sharing your business skills, talents, and years of experience volunteering to help us make our Chamber the best Chamber it can be.
Ivan Castillo, IHCC Board President
Member Spotlight - Exhibicion de Afiliados
A Lifelong Commitment to Patient Education
Healthwise is a global provider of health information, decision support tools, behavior change assistance, and personal care planning for the top health plans, care management companies, hospitals, and consumer health portals. Each year, millions of people use our content and tools to manage their health, make better health decisions, and live healthier lives.
We believe that the greatest untapped resource in health care is the patient. And we’ve made it our mission for nearly 40 years—to help people make better health decisions. Everything we do is for the mission.
Healthwise and the Informed Medical Decisions Foundation—the nonprofit with the world’s greatest depth of knowledge about shared medical decision making—have merged. We benefit from the Foundation’s exceptionally strong expertise and reputation in bringing unbiased and evidence-based medical science to people everywhere.
As one combined organization, we will inform patients and amplify each person’s voice to:
- Help people improve the care they provide for themselves and their families.
- Help people set and reach health behavior goals.
- Advocate for public policy that supports these goals.
Our nearly 65 years of combined experience in creating health content in partnership with health organizations and patients and advancing evidence-based shared decision making puts us in a unique position to be a leading catalyst for advancing the role of the individual in patient-centered care.
Here are five reasons for you to partner with Healthwise:
- We're nonprofit. We're dedicated to our mission of helping people make better health decisions, and to putting all of our resources into solutions that help us achieve that mission.
- We've been around. Founded in 1975, we’re experts at creating health content and decision support tools that are easy to understand, engaging, and motivating—and that fit into the way you provide care.
- We’re user-tested. We test our content with people and clinicians to make sure that it helps people understand their medical condition, assess their risks, and choose from the best options.
- We’re evidence-based and reviewed by experts. For years, our content development and medical review processes have set the gold standard for Prescription-Strength Information®content.
- We serve and we lead. We’re dedicated to helping our clients achieve their immediate patient education goals. And we invest in the future to find innovative solutions to emerging challenges.
Our clients use our products and solutions to help people make more than 160 million health decisions every year. Join us in our mission to help people make better health decisions.